What makes the places we live, work and socialise in better for our wellbeing?

Posted by on May 24, 2018 in Public Health, Steps towards Health and Wellbeing | 0 comments

Key findings Community hubs – Community hubs can promote social cohesion, by bringing together different social or generational groups; increase social capital and build trust; increase wider social networks and interaction between community members; and increase individual’s knowledge or skills. Neighbourhood design – Changes to neighbourhood design can positively affect sense of belonging and pride in a community. Green and blue...

Read More

STUDY FINDS HAPPY HEALTHCARE WORKPLACES ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL

Posted by on May 10, 2018 in Public Health, Steps towards Health and Wellbeing | 0 comments

–         42% of workers will work harder and increase their productivity at work if they are happy –         74% of workers believe their boss doesn’t care about their happiness at work –         Just 35% of workers would consider leaving if unhappy, suggesting 65% would stay despite feeling unhappy   EMPLOYEE morale doesn’t just promote loyalty but it can actually improve how effective and productive employees are in...

Read More

State of UK’s wellness revealed… and there’s room for improvement

Posted by on Apr 5, 2018 in Blog, Public Health, Steps towards Health and Wellbeing | 0 comments

A new study into the nation’s wellbeing has revealed that British people rank their wellness as “average”, with time spent outside and time spent sedentary being key areas for improvement nationwide. On average, Brits spend over eight hours a week on ‘me time’, although one in five say they are “not content” Almost half of the nation spend less than an hour outside every day, which doctors reveal contributes to lower levels of wellness Industry...

Read More

Winter Solstice: VitalityHealth comments on the importance of sleep

Posted by on Dec 22, 2016 in Blog, Steps towards Health and Wellbeing | 0 comments

As today is the Winter Solstice, Shaun Subel, Strategy Director at VitalityHealth, has commented on the importance of a good night’s sleep. Given that in the run up to Christmas, many people are exhausted due to work events, gift stresses and travelling to see family, this comment could work nicely for an online piece or for a wider feature about the importance of rest. Shaun Subel, Strategy Director at VitalityHealth comments on the UK’s...

Read More

UK cities are failing to turn economic growth into better lives

Posted by on Oct 13, 2016 in Public Health, Steps towards Health and Wellbeing | 0 comments

Launched today, the Legatum Institute’s 2016 UK Prosperity Index finds that UK cities are failing to turn their economic growth into better lives for people. The UK Prosperity Index is the first of its kind for the UK. It defines and measures prosperity through seven pillars—Economic Quality, Business Environment, Education, Health, Safety & Security, Social Capital, and Natural Environment—it covers 389 local authority areas....

Read More